Instagram @SaulBHP

All Posts

Monday, January 21, 2013

I'm One of Fox Valley's Like A Local Ambassadors!


I'm excited to let you all know that I will be taking part in a new initiative in the Fox Valley area.


Where it begins...

I will be getting interviewed on the local airwaves this coming Tuesday, January 22th.  Please tune in to WRMN 1410AM at 8:00AM (Link opens up the radio station for your web browser) to hear about the initiative and also your's truly!
 "Ten locals will be chosen to wear the honor of being a Like a Local Ambassador. Anyone interested to fill out an application and the committee will choose the ten locals they think can provide the best experience to the locals. Applications will be accepted from Monday, December 17 to Friday, January 11at 4pm. There will be an orientation the end of January so all ambassadors can meet, learn about a couple new social media outlets and review the EACVB’s marketing plan for 2013." 
"The program is created to use local voices to show visitors and potential visitors all the reason why our twelve communities are a wonderful destination. The ambassadors are encouraged to share all of their favorite things to do in the twelve communities served by the Elgin Area Convention & Visitors Bureau. The communities include: Elgin, Bartlett, Carpentersville, East Dundee, Gilbert, Hampshire, Huntley, Lake in the Hills, Sleepy Hollow, South Elgin, West Dundee and Union."
"Like a Local ambassadors will just continue to explore the Northern Fox River Valley while sharing their adventures through their social media outlets. They will be required to get a minimum of 20 points each month from February 2013-January 2014. Points are easy to receive for active social media users. A couple of the easiest ways to get points: Share an Elgin Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (EACVB) Facebook post, write a review from a local event, or check-in on Foursquare." 
Quoted in the EACVB's Post HERE.
I feel this is a great start for me to put my social media skills to the test and show everyone in the Fox Valley/Chicagoland area what I'm about.  I will be going all around the Fox Valley area checking out all the local hot spots and also finding all the hidden gems all over the Fox Valley area.

Where's the best place to enjoy a good draft?  How about the best pizza place?  I'll be going hands on in checking out each special event across the Fox Valley area as well.

Where you come in....

I will be utilizing all my social media presence to compete and accomplish my reviews, and it also counts on you (Friends & Family) to help anyway possible.  I'm still piecing together my action plan and when that part comes around I'll be sure to get the message across.  In the mean time you can follow me on any of these social media networks.  If you haven't started following me yet.  Please take a moment out of your day to follow me on Twitter, and any of the following social networks you're apart of.

Catch you on the Flipside!

~ S ~

No comments:

Post a Comment