Instagram @SaulBHP

All Posts

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Lessons Learned

How does one really start a post about learning something that they've learned a while ago? Being out here away from my busy life back home has given me some time to force on focusing on myself. It has been really good so far.

I had some fun with some friends today on Valentines Day and it has got me to remind myself about relationships. Why some fail and why others excel and last for the long haul.

I'm not going to go into the huge details about what evidence I can provide or what Ivy League college presented research to reinforce what I'm about to say. Really, this all comes down to a perception. My personal perception to be precise.

Why do relationships last? Well because of those with then drive to fight to stay together. Those we come across who stick with losers time and time again aren't really the fools in all of this (some of the times). They should be admired because they are fighting for something they believe in. They believe in the relationship.

But it takes both to have the same drive, if only one fights for what they believe in and the other doesn't, they don't make it. Plain and simple.

We've all had that moment where we try and save a lost cause, and everyone knows its a lost cause, even you do, but you still fight for it. Why we do that rests on the passion we posses to make things better.

I don't have an "All-Fix-It" solution for addressing this particular subject, except maybe to know when to call it off. You can be someone's everything but if they don't recipicate it back, it becomes a love not worth fighting for in the end. But all in all its a lesson learned. And the true gift out of that is to become a better person for it.

So for all those in love for Valentine's Day, I send my well wishes. And those that aren't, this shot of Bacardi is for you. Work on things you can change and stop complaining about things you can't.

 

Keep It Funky, Keep It Fresh, and I'll catch you on the Flipside!

~S~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment