Instagram @SaulBHP

All Posts

Saturday, December 6, 2014

A Blessing & A Prayer

Today, I was given news that my Godfather has passed away due to a car accident.

I have lots of memories of my Godfather growing up. He was a very reserved and well dressed man. He always looked his best whenever I saw him, whether it be my birthday or my confirmation. He was a good man, like my father.

Sometimes things change in life so much that you have to make sure you take a moment and watch what life has given you.

I have so much respect for my Godfather, and being a Godfather myself, made me think a little deeper about the legacy I would like to leave my God Children.

My Godson actually heard of the news and empathized with the reality that I no longer have a Godfather. Maybe he put himself in my shoes for a moment and his heart fell heavy. He ended up giving me a hug and telling me he was sorry for my lost. What a sweet gesture from a kind soul.

That made me really think about what legacy I would like to leave my Godson one day. And as a Godparent, I was chosen by my Godchild's parents to be a mentor, and additional father figure for them as they grow up and mature through their journey in God and Faith.

So I leave this message with a Blessing and a Prayer for my Godfather...




Angel de Dios, Mi querido Guardián; fuiste enviado para protegernos. En este día permanece junto a mí, para alumbrar y guiar, guardarme y dirigirme. Enseñame, mi querido Angel de la Guarda, a conocer a Dios, para amarlo y servirlo por siempre. Aléjame de todo peligro y enseñame el camino al Cielo. Amén.

May you rest in peace padrino.

~ God Bless ~

~ S ~

No comments:

Post a Comment